- Safe by design sustainable Cement-Based Products
- High durability mortar and concretes based on nanoadditions.
Cement is the binder most used material in construction. Cements are base materials used in construction such as mortars and concretes. The incorporation of nanoparticles in construction materials such as cement based mortars and concretes is shown as interesting procedure for improvement of resistant capabilities and / or by the contribution of functional properties. Thus the different kinds of existing nanoparticles are incorporated to enhance the mechanical properties and achieve new features such as: hydrophobicity, photocatalyst, electromagnetic screening, bactericidal or fungicidal character, etc.
Patented technology allows achieving dispersion of cementitious composites to improve the characteristics of mortars and concretes where:
- the nanoparticles and / or microparticles in the processes of preparation of mortars and concretes are effectively incorporated.
- the number of unit operations is simplified to optimize costs.
- the risks of handling nanomaterials decrease.
- the connected porosity is decreased.
- the durability of the resulting materials is improved.
It has been shown that they can use simple methods of using nanoparticles to generate cementitious materials, particularly for use in applications requiring periods longer lifespan of 800 years.